Grimsby Town Football Club have a fantastic opportunity for an apprentice groundsperson to join the club at this exciting time.
Hours – 37.5 Hours (Includes 1 day off-site at Bishop Burton College)
Qualification Working Towards – Level 2 Sports Turf Operative Apprenticeship
Expected Duration – 18 Months
Possible Start Date – 4th January 2022
– Line marking
– Grass cutting
– Use of machinery, pitch grooming apparatus and compact tractor usage
– Pitch repair
– Stadium maintenance and repair
– Matchday preparation and pitch repair will be most of the duties the successful applicant will be expected to undertake with supervision.
– The role will involve physical activity and therefore the applicants should be in good physical health.
– At the end of the apprenticeship, it is hoped the successful applicant will continue into full-time employment with the club
To apply, an active GOV.UK account is required, with the closing date for applications set for 3rd December 2021. Full details, requirements, prospects and application link can be found via the GOV.UK Apprenticeship Service.
For an informal discussion regarding the position, please contact our Senior Head Groundsman, Martin Deans via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange.