Thank you to everyone who took the time to complete the 2022 Supporters’ Survey.
We are committed to consulting our fans, our most important stakeholders, and learning what you think about everything connected to Grimsby Town Football Club; from the matchday experience, the quality of the food on offer and the day-to-day communication you receive.
Last year we received an outstanding response for our first ever survey, and while this year’s take-up was reduced, we are delighted that almost 1,600 fans shared their opinions. Within the responses, we received so many brilliant suggestions, ideas and feedback which will help the club develop in both the short and long term. Thank you.
We wanted this survey to cover more areas than the previous one, and while that has allowed us to gather the data we required, we understand that it made it longer than originally anticipated. We will take on board your comments about the time it took to complete.
Due to the volume of responses, we can’t share everything that was said, but here’s what we believe the key findings from the survey are:
• 1,584 supporters completed the survey
• 85% were male and 60% were currently season ticket holders
• 87% said that club’s communication was either good or excellent – up from 35% in 2021
• Most fans think that working with schools is the key to growing the club’s community reach
• Nearly 40% said they heard more about the Mariners Trust now than they did in 2021
• 81% rated the match day experience as either good or excellent
• 61% say they don’t want a dedicated singing section at Blundell Park
• Nearly 80% of fans said they would support the club having a stadium-naming sponsor
• More than 9 out of 10 fans feel engaged with the club – up from 55% in 2021
Once again, we’d like to thank each and every one of you for taking the time to complete the survey. Also, thank you to the Mariners Trust for their contributions and the Fan Experience Company for helping us compile the survey.
If you’d like a more in-depth look into the key findings, you can download the report by clicking here.